"Rohan combines all the elements of basic fantasy -- a young hero, mentors, villains, something to be saved, special powers and, of course, magical creatures -- with great storytelling that appeals to a wide audience." KIRKUS REVIEWS


Monday, April 16, 2012

My approval copies are on their way!

I just found out my publisher has mailed my approval copies, so they're likely to show up at my door at any moment. Am I excited? You bet.

Before I fix a date for the official launch of Weaverworld, iUniverse is sending me a sample copy of each version (the hardcover and the softcover) for my approval. Even though I went over every word of the text with a fine-toothed comb, there's always a chance errors were made during the printing process. For example, there is a map at the beginning of the book (by yours truly) and it's designed to span two pages. If it's not in the right place it could be very disorientating!

As soon as I have the books in hand and am able to give them my blessing, I'll make sure Brome Lake Books in Knowlton gets some in stock as soon as possible. Remember, you can pre-order your signed copy by contacting the store and asking them to set aside a copy for you when they come in. For those of you who don't live near Knowlton (Quebec) go to your local bookstore and ask them to order you a copy. I'll put the publication data in a separate post so you can easily locate it and pass it on to them...

No comments:

Post a Comment