"Rohan combines all the elements of basic fantasy -- a young hero, mentors, villains, something to be saved, special powers and, of course, magical creatures -- with great storytelling that appeals to a wide audience." KIRKUS REVIEWS


Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A teacher's review of the "Weaverworld" school presentation

"My students have been talking about your visit with us, and those with the book have been devouring it. I have already had to warn one of my students not to let slip any of the details for the rest of us. As well, it was very helpful for my students to hear about how you saw the book in your head as if it were a movie, and you were simply writing it down on paper. We discussed the next day about how difficult it can be sometimes to get what they see out onto the paper. My colleagues and I want to thank you again for coming in, and if it is possible, we would gladly welcome you back to do a writers' workshop with some of our students whenever you are ready to do so."
L. Bates, Heroes' Memorial

No comments:

Post a Comment